Thursday, April 25, 2013

THRIVEwestern Pasta Salad!


I know it's been a while since I last posted in here, 
BUT here is a SCRUMPTIOUS recipe to make up for it!
I came across this recipe while looking for a different type of salad to try. This is what I found and this is where I found it. There are many recipes I'm sure similar but I can speak for this one and tell you it is so yummy and so fresh! I could drink the dressing just by itself. Mmm so good.


As for THRIVE products I used the BRAND new seasonings cilantro and chives, instant black beans, sweet corn.  You could also use THRIVE cheese and chicken.  

If you look at the recipe it gives enough for a large salad, I only did a half recipe and wish I would have done the full because it was so delicious and good for lunch the next day. 
I also used whole wheat noodles and since making this batch I have made it again with QUINOA and it was better in my opinion than the pasta. 


I wanted to take a close up so you could see how the beans and corn rehydrated.  

Here is a little tip with the black beans:
On the back of the can the directions say to boil over stove until rehydrated but I found them to be really mushy. SO the second time I made this, I put the beans in a bowl with some water and microwaved them little by little until they were the texture I wanted.  This way they didn't get too mushy.  I then strained them and let them cool in the freezer spread out evenly on a plate.
The corn I just rehydrate in a small bowl in warm water for 10mins or so and drained off excess water. I cooled them the same way as the beans. 


This is a new, fun salad to bring to your next potluck, or THRIVE party or just a new addition to your families weekly meals.  Add chicken and make it it's own meal!  





No comments:

Post a Comment